Indian Institute of Management Raipur has concluded its summer placements for the 2012-14 batch with a batch size of 111 students. IIM Raipur gathered stupendous support from the industry this season. It established new industry relations and reinforced the existing ones.
1. Number of Companies participated in the process – 67
2. Number of New Recruiters - 44
3. Major first time recruiters include Britannia, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Ogilvy & Mather
4. Various niche profiles like Brand Management, Technology Consultant, Wealth Management, Inventory Management Modelling, Supply Chain Modelling were offered to the students.
5. A private equity firm based out of Mauritius and a venture capital firm based out of Mumbai also participated in the summer internship process for the first time at IIM Raipur.
A gamut of profiles was offered which include Market Research, Rural marketing, Advertising, Brand Management, Brand Solutions, Sales, Business Development, Media marketing, Digital Marketing, Technology Consultant, Risk Management, Equity Research, Treasury Management, Corporate Finance, Wealth Management, Financial Consulting, Commodity Trading, Inventory Management Modelling and Supply Chain Modelling.
Major firms where students would be interning include Renault Nissan, Britannia, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, ICICI Bank, Pepsico, Café Coffee Day, Vedanta, HT Media, Hero Motocorp, Reserve Bank of India, Future Group, Blue Star, KPMG, Jindal Steel and Power Limited, Ogilvy & Mather, Starbucks and L&T Electrical to name a few.
The companies came from over 14 sectors representing a wide variety of opportunities for students to choose from. Students had a diverse mix to choose from which included Apparels & Textiles, Automobiles, BFSI, Consulting, Consumer Durables, Energy and Power, Engineering and Manufacturing, FMCG, IT/ITES, Media and Entertainment, Petroleum, Retail Chains, Advertising and Startups.
Ernst & Young had offered winter internships in government advisory profile for 12 students. Consulting Domain Growth at IIM Raipur was well appreciated by the industry with short term projects from the esteemed firms such as Redseer Consulting, NBC Bearings, JWT, CLSA and Hero Motocorp.
Follow the link below for the detailed Summer Placement Report 2013.